Mirror of Madness is a free update coming to Total War: WARHAMMER III! It will come to the game alongside the Forge of the Chaos Dwarfs in the 3.0 update. The update is set to come out on April 13th, 2023, and will introduce not one but two new game modes! Those game modes are The Trials of Fate and The Infinite Portal. Now we love getting new game modes but getting them for free is just that much better.
The Trials of Fate
First up we have the Trials of Fate. In the Trials of Fate, players will be taking on a series of survival challenges meant only for the brave of heart. Four infamous battles from the past will be the focus as you prove your worth and will eventually break through to the Realm of Tzeentch and take the fight to Kairos Fateweaver. This will be the intense final showdown and should be quite the challenge.
Some unique spells and abilities will help you in the fight against endless waves of enemies while trying to defend the capture point. Holding the point otherwise known as the “Shard” will give you access to upgrades for said spells and abilities. The more damage and kills you secure will count toward your total score with the chance to unlock unique Tzeentch-themed Daemon Prince Parts for your Daemon Prince. Not only will they look amazing but they can also be used in both the Realm of Chaos and Immortal Empires campaigns.
The Infinite Portal
The second of the two new free game modes is The Infinite Portal. Is more of a creative and for fun game mode. But who doesn’t like letting go and just making a mess of things sometimes? We sure do!
The Infinite Portal grants access to reality-bending features and settings, letting you tweak many aspects of battle as you please, including:
- Unit Size: Increases the number of soldiers per unit and their health
- Damage: Increases the damage dealt by attacks, spells, etc
- Impact Force: Increases collision impact, attack force, and detonation force to send units flying
- Leadership: Increases base morale
- Winds of Magic: Increases the availability of Winds of Magic for spellcasting
- Explosions: Increases the size of explosions and vortex spells, improving their radius and detonation speed
- Vigour Cost Reduction: Increases the duration that units stay fresh, lowering the fatigue cost of actions
- Reload Time: Reduces the time it takes to reload ranged weapons
- Ammunition: Increases the total number of shots per ranged unit
- Projectile Penetration: Increases the distance projectiles can travel through enemies
- Gravity: Decreases the effect of gravity on units that are knocked into the air
- Ability Radius: Increase the effect radius of abilities
- Ability Recharge: Reduces ability recharge time
- Charge Duration: Increases the duration of the charge bonus
- Entity Scale: Increases or decreases the size of single-unit entities like Lords and Monsters
- Blood Quantity: Increases or decreases the amount of blood emitted by entities
Let chaos run supreme! Fear not even if you don’t plan on buying the Forge of the Chaos Dwarfs DLC you can still play the Mirror of Madness. They will be releasing together and we still highly recommend checking out the DLC but if you can’t that won’t stop any of your fun. We can’t wait to see all the wacky and wonderful content that comes from the Mirror of Madness and 3.0 update, if you have any crazy ideas or videos once it does come out be sure to send them to us over on Twitter! We love community content here at GameScoutr and are always looking for cool content to share with others.