We are finally getting a much-needed RuneScape Wilderness Update! The Wilderness Reborn is set to change the Wilderness into a PvM-focused area with big rewards for anyone training Slayer. As someone who loves Slayer, I’m super excited to see what all the new content is.
Not only is the overall gameplay feel going to change in the Wilderness we are also getting some brand new visuals to give it a whole new look as well! While getting a visual overhaul the Wilderness is supposed to still be as dangerous as ever. New enemies and hazards, plus a threat-based PvM system where big risks result in bigger rewards will hopefully still keep you on your toes.
Daughter Of Chaos
On top of the massive RuneScape Wilderness Update, we are also getting a new Quest!
“Daughter of Chaos follows Moia in a new era for Gielinor spoilers in which the citizens of the world are now responsible for their own future following the banishment of the Gods!“
Set in the Wilderness the Quest will have requirements of both 40 Archaeology and Divination. While having rewards of an Infernal Box upgrade – 10% damage reduction, 5% increased damage dealt to Monsters in the Wilderness (PvM). Also increases resistance to Infernus environmental damage to 45%. 30,000 XP Lamps for Divination and Archaeology, and finally Cultist Dagger and Mace cosmetic overrides.
Enemies in the Wilderness will now be stronger and most if not all of the area will be multi-combat so you’ll have to be on your toes. Not only will the monsters be stronger but there will also be dangers from the environment. the Wilderness Volcano now spews deadly projectiles that will be magically drawn towards you where you will have to pray against the types of damage the specific projectiles correlate to.
But just in case that wasn’t enough there will also be “random events” of sorts that can have you ambushed by enemies that will spawn right on top of you and instantly attack. If that’s somehow not enough for you the RuneScape Wilderness Update will also introduce the Threat System.
As the new Wilderness is all about Risk vs Reward As you spend more time in the Wilderness completing activities or Slayer Tasks, your Threat level will rise. As your Threat level rises, your risk of death increases. You will deal more damage and take more damage, Ambushes will occur more often, with larger groups of enemies and more difficult monsters, and The Volcano will hit you harder and more often. But don’t worry you can reset your Threat level at any time by dying, teleporting, or hopping over the Wilderness wall. But you’ll be throwing away your Streak bonuses.
Wilderness Slayer Drop Table
Finally, let’s take a look at the drops! At the end of each Slayer task, players will receive one stackable chest in those chests players will have the chance to get one of the following…
- Ancient Warriors’ equipment patch – Can be used to upgrade Ancient Warriors’ equipment to tier 88 and makes them augmentable.
- Annihilation – An augmentable tier 87 two-handed melee weapon with a powerful special attack.
- Brawlers (all types) – Skill-attuned gloves that yield greater XP benefits the deeper into the Wilderness you are.
- Death Touched Dart – Insta-kills bosses.
- Decimation – An augmentable tier 87 two-handed ranged weapon with a powerful special attack.
- Dragon Trinkets – Gives Slayer XP, notes items, and lands a finishing blow when fighting Chromatic dragons.
- Lucky Charm (Dragonkin Laboratory) – ED2 rare drop enhancer.
- Lucky Charm (ED4) – ED4 rare drop enhancer.
- Metallic Dragon Trinkets – Gives Slayer XP, notes items, and lands a finishing blow when fighting Metallic dragons.
- Necronium Salvage – Alchable.
- Obliteration – An augmentable tier 87 two-handed magic weapon with a powerful special attack.
- Reaper Scroll – Exchange for a Reaper task.
- Threat level decrease – Reduces Threat level by 1 on consumption.
- Threat level reset – Resets Threat level to 1 on consumption.
- Volcanic protection – Wieldable item that reduces damage from volcanic projectiles.
- Wilderness Hilt – Used to upgrade a Dragon Claw, Dagger, Longsword, Mace, or Scimitar (or their off-hand versions) to tier 70.
We can’t wait to get our hands on these chests and all the loot too! Good luck in the new RuneScape Wilderness Update! Also if you haven’t already be sure to check out Zamorak Lord Of Chaos! The newest RS3 Boss. For the full Update, and details check out the post Jagex made on it.